Tackling digital disparities in the EU: perspectives after Covid : 5 recommendations
The 22th of June 2021, the Executive Master EPAC students organised an online interactive webinar dedicated to the digital disparities in EU with an experts panel. Mr Moledo is Policy Coordinator at the European Disability Forum (EDF), where he leads and coordinates EDF’s advocacy and policy work at EU level. Mr Tudorache is a MEP for Renew Europe Group, from the Romanian delegation, and Chair of the Special Committee on Artificial Intelligence in a Digital Age (AIDA), as well as member of some other Committees like the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs (LIBE). Mr Variz is attaché for Transport and Telecom at the Permanent Representation of Portugal to the European Union.
5 recommendations to the EU institutions have been voted by the 60 participants of public after the debate:
- Make digital skills a key component of all social inclusion and rehabilitation programs.
- Helping low income families gain access to free/low-cost internet access and computers.
- Providing digital literacy training through a number of programs.
- Programs aiming at removing sociocultural, psychological and pedagogical barriers that restrict women’s and girls’ interests, preferences and choices.
- Make sure that digital legislation includes accessibility as a core element.
Thanks to the EPAC students 2020/21 for this very interesting event!