➡️ How does the European Union communicate as a geopolitical leader?
➡️️ How is the Commission spearheading a communication strategy to establish the EU as such since the appointment of Ursula von der Leyen as its President?
➡️️ How has the relationship between the EU institutions evolved due to this narrative turn ?
In recent years, the European Union has increasingly emphasised its role as a global power through public communication campaigns targeting its citizens. This shift in messaging has been reflected in the leadership style of the President of the European Commission Ursula Von der Leyen, who has taken on a more charismatic and global role.
In the meantime, the general framing of the European Commission has also shifted from an administrative body to a political superpower. What does it mean in terms of the EU’s positioning on the global stage? And to what extent has Ursula Von der Leyen been successful in imprinting an image of the EU as a geopolitical leader?
To explore this trend and what it means for the future of the EU, we are excited to announce an upcoming PROTAGORAS Masterclass organised by the EPAC students in collaboration with IHECS Academy and the academic think-tank PROTAGORAS.
Our discussion will be moderated by Nicolas Baygert, Director of Protagoras, and during the panel, we will explore:
- The role of the European Union, and particularly the EU Commission in global politics and economics
- How the Commission’s communication strategies have changed in recent years
- The challenges and opportunities presented by this new paradigm shift in the making
- How EU citizen perceive this new ambition of the European Union
- The relationship between the President of the Commission and the other EU institutions, and how this relationship has evolved in response to the changing messaging of the EU
Whether you are a student or a professional in EU affairs, or simply interested in the future of the EU, this panel discussion is not to be missed!
Secure your spot by signing up for free over on Eventbrite and stay tuned for more information about our esteemed panel of speakers.
See you online or onsite!