On Thursday the 2nd of June 2022, the Executive Master EPAC students will organise a seminar tackling the current topic of the EU’s Policy Response on Migration.
This seminar aims to spark a conversation about the current approach of case-by-case policy-making with policy-makers and stakeholders. How has EU migration policy evolved from 2015 to today, and what work remains to be done? Examine the requirements and content for an overarching approach to EU migration – what might a common and sustainable approach look like?
It will take place in a hybrid format (onsite/online) and host 2 high-level panels of policymakers and experts, each panel followed by a Q&A session.
17.30 – Doors opening
18.00: Opening address:
- Henrik Nielsen, Director for International and Horizontal Affairs, Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs, European Commission.
Moderator: Dr Luc Leboeuf, Head of Research Group, Department of Law and Anthropology, Max Planck Institute
18.20: PANEL 1 – “From Syria to Ukraine – the evolution of EU Migration Policy”
- José Antonio Moreno Díaz, Rapporteur for the European Economic and Social Committee’s opinion on the New Pact on Migration and Asylum
- Lucas Rasche, Policy Fellow, Jacques Delors Centre
- Salvatore Petronella, Independent Migration Specialist
- Elisabeth Destain, Attorney for the ADDE Asbl – Association pour le droit des étrangers.
19.20: PANEL 2 – “The New Pact on Migration and Asylum adopted in 2020 – an operational start?”
- Cristian Pirvulescu, Co-rapporteur for the European Economic and Social Committee’s opinion on the New Pact on Migration and Asylum
- Dr Mehari Taddele Maru, Professor, Migration Policy Centre, European University Institute
- Catherine Woollard, Director of European Council on Refugees and Exiles
20.20: Networking with drinks and snacks